Month of April Meeting minutes

Started at 5:52pm April 19, 2021

Ended at 7:20p

 

Attendance: Dennis Wilson, Tami Dunlap, Michael Burtness, Arcelia Kent, Jim Cole, LeighAnn, Marte Falshore,

Christopher Hobbs, Suzanne Noble, Jack Carpenter, April Sheeley

Yakima: Rob strader

 

April recapped March minutes from last month

People like google calendar

 

Dennis finds collecting from restaurants is unclean and takes a lot of manpower, but knows that is where large amounts of glass can be diverted. However, cost to restaurants is the same either way. Is looking for a way to quantify our service to them.

 

Tami drives to residents telling them to have glass outside ready at a certain time. Glass is cleaner. She puts in her email that cash donations can also be left out. She sometimes gets envelopes of cash or her people have donated on the web.

 

Suzanne asked for feedback on how to collect from businesses and what our focus should be.

 

Jim Cole found that Brix will not clean or hold glass for him to collect. He wonders if we can create a sticker to put on restaurant windows to show who recycles glass. Suzanne doesn’t like stickers, instead wants to spray logo on window.

Restaurants create a lot of glass and our machine does not hold up to the immense amount of crushing, but publicity and diversion of glass from restaurants is important.

 

Suzanne brought up that we could promote them on our website and facebook page

 

Dennis wants to collect glass at Farmers Market

 

Arcelia-engage as art and crafts not as collection of jars

 

 

Jack wants us to think about economics. Whatever will bring in money is what we should do. We need parts as the screen wore out in 1 month, $250 plus shipping to replace. PLus insurance, other parts, garage doors, sifting machine.

This months donations $140

 

April discussed stakeholder meeting(April)

CWU, grant, yakima, solid waste, HDR

4 glass leads-2 construction 1 wine bottle sanitation, 1 specialty glass

Can we help? Possibly help develop sturdy bottles like OGRC

April estimates 4 households are served by 87 ambassadors 347.

Some businesses Mule, Basalt, Gard, Time Out,

ESD?

Briarwood?

Rentals?

 

A subcommittee was formed to start a booth at farmers market

April will send invite to everyone interested Form a committee meet at Tav

Dennis will gather phone numbers and coordinate for those involved

(Committee-Dennis, Tami, Michael, Arcelia, Jim, LeighAnn, Marte,

Christopher, Suzanne, Jack, April)

Jack wants Dennis to contact Colin (the person in charge of booths at the local farmer’s market) before having committee meeting

 

Other ways to make money-Ask for residents, restaurants and businesses to donate a fee

ARcelia- Ask establishments to set out a collection jar for the patrons

 

Machine out of order until we get the screen in place

 

Dennis crushed the most glass!

Respectfully submitted by April Sheeley